Sunday 28 June 2015

Sunday Baking Sessions | Chocolate Mug Cake

It's Sunday afternoon and that means only one thing.... baking is on the agenda! I have only ever done things the traditional way, e.g. using the oven for all my baking ventures up to now, but today I decided that it was high time I gave the famous chocolate mug cake a whirl, so I did! What's great about the humble mug cake is it literally bakes in no time. It's basically the kind of recipe you can make up, add more or less ingredients to depending upon your own personal preferences etc. so the timings depend upon that, but about 1 minute 20 seconds should bake it through.
 
 
The recipe I used for this particular cake is as follows:-
3tb spoons of self-raising flour
2 tb spoons of Cadbury's coco powder
1 1/2 tb spoons of golden granulated sugar
squeeze of golden syrup
tiny bit of baking powder
shake of salt
splodge of Nutella on the top
 
Basically you just need to mix everything together in a bowl, transfer to the mug and zap in the microwave! Simple!
 

 

 
I added a light dusting of icing sugar to my mug cake because it looks nice and adds a bit of extra sweetness which is always a good thing!
 
Let me know if you too give this little creation a whirl!
Bilgi
x
 
 
 
Share:

1 comment

  1. This is such a cute post! I love all the light pink décor in the photos also. When I get my own house one day I want my whole kitchen in light pink so I LOVE your cute decorations. Great post, keep up the good work :)

    xoxo,
    Juliana Grace | www.julianagraceblogspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Coconut Couture | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig