Tuesday 29 September 2015

Bilgi Bakes | French Patisserie Chocolate Cake

Hello sweeties!
 
I hope you are all feeling wonderful and excited for Autumn! It's hard to believe I was actually sunbathing two weeks ago in Southern Turkey and now I am hunting for a winter coat to see me through the coming snowy season.
 
Since coming home I've been working at my new job and also went to the Apple iTunes festival at Camden round house. But today I want to share with you my latest baking creation - A French patisserie heavenly chocolate cake, with all the decorative trimmings.  As my family and I were away for my Mum's Birthday, it doubled as her belated Birthday cake too. Scroll on and feast your eyes...
 

Like most other people, I adore the Great British Bake Off and I also love to try out the challenges which are set. This week I decided to give a ultra decadent chocolate cake a whirl, whip, sprinkle...

 
It involved a lot of chocolate... This is called Rich Chocolate and is in between dark and milk. Mind blowing.
 
 
I started by slicing the cake in half and sandwiching and covering the cake in whipped chocolate cream, adding the ground pistachio trim and then pouring on the cooled dark chocolate ganache which I made. I then piped on swirls and rosettes, before adding my homemade coffee chocolate truffles.
 
 
For a fruity zing I added some chocolate dipped strawberries too.
 

 
If you've been baking lately, I'd love to see your creations as I'm always on the lookout for baking-inspo! Send me your links in the comments.
 
Blog love,
Bilgi
x
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Coconut Couture | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig